HMG Day 1 No Deal (D1ND) RoRo Business Requirements
This detailed document sets out the key operational requirements of HMG Departments’ for the RoRo mode of transport, including:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – customs, excise and VAT
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) / Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) / Food Standards Agency (FSA)
- Home Office (HO) / Border Force (BF)
- Department for Transport (DfT) – licences, permits, insurance and cabotage
- Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) – product standards and conformity
This document recognises that technology driven solutions will not be in place for 31 October 2019 when the UK leaves the EU. Longer term, HMG will be engaging with business to develop these solutions.
Click the image below to read the Government's official Day 1 No Deal (D1ND) RoRo Business Requirements.