CCS-UK Service Update regarding RoRo traffic
CCS-UK customers will be able to use their existing badges to submit non-inventory linked Customs declarations (air freight & non-air freight) at any of the UK’s RoRo ports (e.g. Dover, Holyhead and the Channel Tunnel etc.).
This will support import processes such as:
- Submission of full non-inventory linked frontier declarations
- Submission of declarations in Customs freight simplified procedures
It will also support:
- Importers who are CCS-UK customers and authorised to use the D1ND Transitional Simplified procedures (TSP)
- CCS-UK freight forwarders if they are able to act as agents for the TSP holder and are using simplified frontier declarations (which includes for controlled goods) and/or submitting Supplementary declarations on behalf of the TSP Importer
These processes will enable the truck to cross the frontier without any further paperwork being done at the border. Where there is a requirement to subsequently provide a supplementary declaration after the goods have arrived, this too can be done using existing CCS-UK badges.
NB: Hauliers/Carriers are also required to submit Safety and Security declarations in advance of entering the UK and these can also be submitted through CCS-UK.
For exports, customers will be able to use their existing CCS-UK NES badges to submit combined export and safety/security declarations for goods travelling to the EU.
In using CCS-UK, our customers:
- Avoid the expense of RoRo specific badges or another CSP subscription fees to handle RoRo
- Trucks don’t need to routinely stop at the UK frontier (unless requested by UK Border Force)
- Trucks can cross the frontier with a simplified dataset
- Do not need to engage with CTC/ NCTS for importing EU goods
- Have peace of mind that CCS-UK electronic Fallback protects against a CHIEF failure (for certain transaction types)
CCS-UK is a resilient, high availability service with substantial capacity for increased volumes of declarations. CCS-UK handles the Air Imports and Exports for the UK and has over 30 years’ experience of managing time critical and just-in-time cargo movements, comparable with RoRo freight requirements.
CCS-UK keeps your freight moving!
CCS-UK is working with HMRC, UK Border Force and the wider Government departments to improve the options for Importers and Exporters that will streamline the flow of goods across all UK borders and we look forward to being able to announce these in the coming weeks.
For Importers who are not yet CCS-UK customers, please make enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be pleased to advise and help you.
CCS-UK Delivery Director