All things CDS and Brexit
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will begin a phased launch of the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) in August 2018.
CDS will replace the existing Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system, with all declarations taking place on CDS from early 2019.
These pages will keep you up to date with all the latest developments relating to CDS and Brexit. Use the menu to the left to select a topic or click the links below.
- HMRC - Alerting traders about using CDS
- ASM-BIFA-HMRC CDS Seminars
- CDS Questions and Answers
- CDS Trade Tariff Volume 3 Imports
- CDS presentation from our AGM on 17 October 2018
- HMRC Partnership pack: preparing for a 'no deal' EU exit
- HM Treasury and HMRC invest in customs training and automation
- Guidance on migration to the customs declaration service (CDS)
- Apply for grants if your business completes customs declarations
- CCS-UK Potential Solution for Ro-Ro cargo in the event of a no deal Brexit
- UK to remain in Common Transit Convention after Brexit
- Moving RoRo goods to and from the EU with a no deal Brexit - Guidance from ASM
- Moving goods to and from the EU through roll on roll off ports or the Channel Tunnel
- Register for simplified import procedures if the UK leaves the EU without a deal
- Customs procedures if the UK leaves the EU without a deal